Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Dance

      I have officially moved back to Austin. I packed up everything in my apartment Friday and spent one last night there remembering all the memories I had in the past three years there. Saturday all I did was say goodbye to my family and drove off. Sounds easier than what it really was. It was tough packing and getting everything in. I'm exhausted and bruised like a banana. It was *even tougher* saying goodbye to my family. It's so hard to have a split family and on top of that have them live in seperate cities. I always miss out on someone's big event or a sibiling growing up. It's tough, but the life that God has chosen for me. I suppose to make me stronger and wiser. At least I am blessed enough to have family and friends in both cities that love me. I would say the hardest thing was seeing my down break down and cry. I can't say that I have ever seen my dad with tears in his eyes. He's the toughest and most stern man I have ever known......but he did. He cried when I left and was choked up. Sorry Dad to put this out there, but everyone knows the love a man has for his children. I felt guilty as I drove away and watched my Dad in the rearview mirror. Was I leaving too soon? Was I making the right choice for my life? I will never know those answers, but must continue to move on. I felt the love from my step-mom and sister too. My Step-Mom gave me a great gift... a laptop to take with me out to the U.A.E which is *perfect*!!! Now I'm one step closer to skyping. I told her she had to make sure she gets my dad to skype as well :)
      So, after my heartbreak and a five hour drive, I am here. I'm taking a break from all of this unpacking. I am so exhausted and have the look of death upon me :P I hope to finish today so that way I can continue working on my document authentication. Since I'm living back in the big city I'm hoping to have this process go a little quicker. I plan to get my Secretary of State Foreign stamp tomorrow and then shoot for sending out my documents to the US Department of State. Once I send the documents out to Washington, it is going to take at least four to six weeks to get them back. So I have to start working on this process *now*.
     All in time I hope this will fall into place and I can hopefully get a few weeks to relax before I leave the USA. I am going to do the most I can this summer to enjoy my American life. Just simple things like going to the movies or hanging out with friends at the park. I'm not saying that I can't do this out in the U.A.E.  I'm just not sure of it.....it's still the unknown. I do know that my dress will be different so I want to enjoy getting to wear shorts while it's still socially acceptable. Hopefully tomorrow will go as planned. I'm feeling positive about all of this right now!

1 comment:

  1. :( I know exactly what you mean about having family in separate cities (or separate continents in my case). Have fun in Austin! Enjoy wearing shorts haha!

    ReplyDelete