Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Finally Feeling Human....Ahhh!

So, I had been doing a wonderful job the past three months of composing myself and keeping it all together. Well now after all this time..it's hitting....stress has arrived. Could it be due to the fact that I am scheduled to move in five days?!? I'm thinking yes! I have done most of my packing in both the classroom and apartment, but still wonder if I will have it all completed in time. Haha so why am I ever posting on this blog? I guess this is my way of letting out the stress.
   On top of all of this I am stressed out about getting all my documents notarized, then sent out, received, and then sent back out...(takes a deep breath) all in time. I'm doing my best to take it a day at a time, but seem to be focusing more on the move right now. I figure once I move to Austin I can then start worrying again about getting all my documents authenticated. Then I think " No, there's no time to waste!"
   See getting all my documents done an turned in on time plays a crucial role as to whether or not I will have the job. I mean the contract is signed and what not, but I have quickly learned that in order to work in "a whole new world" (Jasmine and Aladdin reference :P) you really have to have *a lot* of documentation done to prove that you are really a professional at what you do. In the long run it makes total sense, but right now is a total pain! I can't wait for this move to be over. That way a hundred and fifty percent of my focus can go on this new job. There is a million and one things to think about, to buy, to research, over all to get done before my departure date in August.
  It's also rough trying to balance my last few days of packing with the last moments to spend with people who love and care about me, as reciprocated. I work with so many people and feel blessed for the bonds that we have made together in the past three years. It's been my first job as a professional and have met so many wonderful people through this experience. I just hope that everyone who I have met here knows how much they have touched my life and how they have *all* made me feel so welcomed. I know that these friendships will be long lasting. My move will be a very bittersweet ending. I trust that everyone knows I'm doing my best to manage my time and am hoping to spend some time with each and everyone of you before I leave. We have only five more days...let's get moving!!!
  So... yeah all in all I have a lot on my plate with packing, moving and still trying to manage getting all my documents done in time for an opportunity of a lifetime. Ahh stressed, but it will only make me stronger :D

2 comments:

  1. Deep breath! It'll get done, don't worry! ALSO, you're only going away temporarily. And the internet has made the world very small, so you'll still be able to stay in touch with everyone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True! Johanna's right, thanks to the internet...we won't seem far away :) And we will definitely get together when you return. Be Safe, Take care,and Good Luck Friend!

    - Janet Ortega

    ReplyDelete