Thursday, August 4, 2011

So...When Are You Leaving?

The million dollar question right now....So when are you leaving?
       This past week has found me playing the waiting game. For a few days I had found myself constantly checking who was getting their flight tickets and then immediately rushing to my inbox to see if mine was there. What worried me the most was hearing that some people could have delays on their tickets and work visas due to lack of paperwork and security clearance on behalf of the U.A.E. Me just being myself, I thought the worst and figured some paperwork had been my hold back. Everyday at least two-three people have asked me when I am leaving. My only response is that I don't know and I'm still waiting on my ticket.
      I did get some relief on Tuesday when I got my work visa from the Emirates. It was great knowing that I'm ticket less due to them having to process so many tickets and not because there is some kind of hold up on my behalf. So, today I still wait for a ticket and an itinerary to be sent my way. Some of the other fellow Licensed Teachers (LTs) have landed in Abu Dhabi today from their flights out yesterday. They arrived around 11:00 am our time and 8:00pm Abu Dhabi time. I can feel it getting closer. Just seeing my work visa and confirming that everything was correct on it made me put a pep in my step.
         I pretty much have most things squared away: my car has a place to stay, insurance for my car is taken care of, important documents scanned, extra passport photos, cell phone cancelled without a fee, appropriate clothing bought, communication resources taken care of, and Romo has a place to stay.....for a while....???
        Most people know that Romo got sick very recently and had to receive emergency care. This changed my perspective on how Romo and I would spend the next two years of our lives. Together...or not?! I initially thought that it didn't seem feasible to take my dog with me half way across the world and put him through all that traveling simply because he truly is my best friend and I want him around. After his incident in emergency care my train of thought completely changed. I feel as if Romo needs me as much as I need him. Anyone who's an owner to any type of animal knows the connection you build with them. Romo and I have been a part of each other's life going on four years now. That is really a long time and a lot of commitment to each other. Romo has been there through some of the toughest times of my life; lapping up my tears. He's also been a part of the happiest times as well. The bond I have with him is far beyond explanation. When he's sick I am essentially his "Mom"and take care of him and provide him with the things he needs.
             So, it's not as if Romo is going away to some random family, but he will be staying with one of my friends. As much as others love Romo around me, not many were keen on letting Romo stay with them while I was gone. Which is a point proven to me. The bonds they share with Romo is a different one than what Romo and I have. So if there is ever another emergency situation I don't want someone to doubt what to do. Pay whatever the amount is....I'll find any way to care care of my pup. Plus he's not someone else's responsibility. I decided I wanted a dog not someone else. So for now he will stay with a good friend of mine and her dog Bolt. This makes for a great situation seeing as how Bolt and Romo get along well and they will have another to hang out with during the day while my friend is at work. I've started working on getting Romo set with all of his requirements so when the time come he can be sent out to the U.A.E. as well. The last thing for him will to make sure to try and find a dog friendly accommodation for him to come join me. We shall see what cards I am dealt while I'm out there.
Bobby Bones Show!!! Name That Tune
        Since all other things are taken care of (besides my packing), I have still been taking advantage of getting out and enjoying things here in Austin. Recently I participated with some of my friends in the Name That Tune contest for the Bobby Bones Show. They are a really big morning show here in Austin and are syndicated in other areas of Texas and the country. That's my name drop for them, just because I find myself listening every morning and laughing with these people on the radio.  I also went to this free summer concert here that Austin has called Blues on the Green. I loved sitting on the grass and feeling the fresh air of a Summer night. I've also have just sat many times outdoors and thought about somethings I take for granted hear that I will not have or see much of while out there. One thing is the rain....I know we're in a drought here in Texas, but when it did rain a week ago I had to film it. The sound and smell of rain is so soothing to me. We may have not had much here recently, but living in a desert...there really won't be that much rain.
Blues on The Green <3
    Today one of my really good friends comes into town for my "official" going away celebration. While she's in town I plan on enjoying my time with friends who I won't get to see for at least the next two years in my life. So much can change in two years, so I hope to take advantage of what's in front of me today.
< Sitting outside and watching the rain. May be my last for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Romo is going! I think you both will be happier together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glade to see your beautiful blog.It is very nice,i like it very much.Abu Dhabi desert safari is great place for tour.
    Abu Dhabi Desert Safari

    ReplyDelete